Monday, April 21, 2008

Amen, again

Amen,again.


Picture the darkness of night;
My eyes open slight.
I tossed and I turned.
Couldn’t sleep; for I yearned

For; a moment in time.


That singular instant
I had prayed, I had cried.
I wondered;
Had, He heard me?

Would He, be satisfied?

Had I spoke clear enough…
Did I say the right word?
Did I need to scream out?
Praise God, Thank you Lord!

---------------------------------------------------------------
It was a nightmare;
A frightening breath
held in time.
But, it was then

That, my life, was truly sublime.

‘Twas then, I’d felt God’s kindness
It was pure;
Bequeathed; on time.
‘Twas then that I’d learned, to trust; to endure.

God did hear my prayer!
-------------------------------------------------

God answered; gave me his almighty hand
Just at that second,
That instant in time
And He, the potter molded like clay,

Me: a writer; with script for, the land.


The miracles His Holiness… gave as reward,
“If”, I would do what‘s been asked in,
My own; humbling word.
I held on so tight, I followed his lead;

And, fear turned to grace.

Love swirled about me, that eve;
He whispered so clear,
‘Tell the stories’, my dear.
Granted, I knew nothing,

And, nothing was okay.

For God, was my mentor, God, showed me the way.
God held out his candle
And loved me; that day.
He persuaded my hand to hold tight to the pen.

Literally he urged me; again and again.

The weeks borne years,
I held close to his plan
And, with; all of my heart…

I wrote for the Man.

----------------------------------------------------------
Still… wondering, sometimes
If; you’d forsake me;
You wouldn’t!
You challenged me when,

I thought that I couldn’t.

The pen and the ink
For, a sinner; like me?
God, what is it you want, make me able to see.
I’m trying my best,

To, please you Dear Lord.

I made you a promise I agreed, to keep.
But, I’ve tried and I’ve cried
Alas, even lost sleep.
Because; of a promise

A promise… or leap!

Ah…
I feel you Lord,
I’ll gather your, light.
You’ll get me through,
It’ll all be, alright.

Forever…

Amen, again.

No comments: